Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, September 6, 2010

A Baby Story...

I have been anxiously awaiting this blog post for the past several weeks and now I can offically say that our little family of 2 has become a family of 3! That's right, on September 4, 2010 at 11:28 AM Richard and I welcomed our precious little James Walker into this world. Walker weighed in at 7lbs 14 oz and was 21 inches long...and is absolutely PERFECT!

For those of you who are is our "Baby Story"

The couple of weeks leading up to September 4th were very LONG for me. I am a touch "OC" about certain things. I had worked HARD all summer to get ahead and be prepared for Walker's arrival. So when I was 37 weeks pregnant EVERYTHING...and I mean EVERYTHING was done that I could possibly was done, the house was SPOTLESS, the nursery was decorated, Walker's clothes were clean, organized, and put away, our stand alone freezer was FULL of food, and our home was organized and baby ready.

I tell you this simply to take you to the day before Walker decided to make his big debut.

Since everything was done that I could possibly do, I had been a touch bored. I like to be BUSY and productive and had already done every trivial task possible to pass time.

Well Friday, September 3rd I had planned another trip to Montgomery to visit and pass time with my Mom. The day started out like any other.

I woke up wondering if today would be the day but quickly dismissed the idea (since I had previously convinced myself that Walker would be coming each day since week 37...this particular day I was 39wks and 1 day). Well, that morning around 8:30 I started having MILD contractions every 10-15minutes. The contractions were not painful...some a TOUCH uncomfortable but definitely not painful....and many felt like Braxton Hicks contractions so I was not concerned and went a head to Montgomery. Mom and I spent the day together running errands and hanging out until about 2:45. Mom was very nervous (since the contractions were STILL coming...even though not painful) that I was going to go into labor and encouraged/told me to go back to Auburn.

I was still unconivnced that Walker was getting ready. I drove back to Auburn that afternoon and needed something else to distract my mind. What did I do? I went to the gym...of course! After getting home from the gym I noticed that the contractions were now about 8 minutes apart...but they really were not getting any stronger. Richard and I just did not know what was going on.

Later on that night at about 9:30 we layed down to try and get some sleep. Richard was able to fall asleep pretty quickly, but, unfortunately, my mind was going about 100 miles a minute wondering if this could really be it, so about 10:30 I went downstairs to the couch. For the next 4 hours I laid on the couch trying to sleep, wondering if each new feeling was a "real" contraction, and hoping that all of the sudden I would "just know" that it was time.

Well at 2:20 AM I got up and my WATER BROKE! It took me a second to realize what had happened and to wrap my mind around what exactly that meant. I ran upstairs, tapped Richard on the arm and said "babe....I think my water just broke..." Richard JUMPED out of bed "REALLY???"...."Yes!"....He ran to the phone to call the hospital and was in GO MODE!

I decided that I needed to get clean before we headed to the hospital. So I got in the shower at 2:30 just in time to experience my first REAL contraction...let's just say that it took my breath away, lasted about 1 minute and was followed by another 2 minutes later...yes that is right....once my contractions really started they were 3 minutes apart. I finished getting ready as quickly as possible (which was hard with contractions SO close). We finally got to the hospital about 3:30 AM were registered and got set up in our Labor and Delivery room. About this time my contractions were lasting about 60-90 sec and were 2 minutes apart.

At 5:30 I recieved my first epidural. At 5:50 I was asked if I was supposed to feel different...because I didn't. Richard told me that at this point contractions were coming 2 minutes apart and some were coming back to back. All I know is that I was in pain and not really focusing on the clock. At 6:30 my second epidural kicked in!

No Pain = One happy Camper! :)

Last Picture of our Family of 2!!!

Mom and Dad had made it to the hospital at this point so they came back to the room and we talked until about 10:15. At this time I started pushing. During this time we ran into a few complications, but at 11:28 AM Walker made his debut!!!

I laugh because when Richard and I first got married we talked about a bigger know maybe 4 kids....about a month into my pregnancy (and for the next 8 months) to be completely honest with you...I was down to thinking...I HATE BEING PREGNANT and seriously thought that this would be our only child. Well the MOMENT I held baby Walker everything changed and would do it again in a moment. It is amazing how much you can immediately fall in love with someone you have just met!

Our First Family Picture

Proud Daddy!!

Aunt Lyndsey meeting Walker for the first time!

Walker and his Uncle Russell

Papa and Walker

Lyndsey, Russell and Claire

Boo and Walker

Margaret Ann meeting Walker

Aunt Becky



Laura Beth with her cousin

Carter and Walker


McCrory Family said...

Yay for a new post! Happy Happy Birthday to sweet Walker!!

The Franzs' said...

Haha I felt the SAME way during and after pregnancy! After Sadie was born I immediately wanted 10 more! :P Glad you 3 are doing well. Beautiful family! :)